Artist: Nate Ellefson
"Soft Chop" Nate Ellefson + + + + +
Project Space (613 Allen) On view during events and by appointment only
Titles of works to be presented in Nathan Ellefson’s upcoming exhibition Soft Chop are embedded throughout five hypothetical situations:
1. Rice Nude Purchasing Assistant shows you this trick: the tuna can may be tested on the ankle for freshness.
2. An XL calamine bread bowl is presented behind the couch.
3. For the crude shortstop there are clear-headed lunch ideas, e.g. chew at the pastille toenail/tapioca fanzine becomes wet in the bathtub/ salt cod dream weaver is here to stay.
4. At home the strawberry sandpiper is turning out bark songs:
The long road leads
(and the winding road
and the road
filled with rocks)
to the spider’s anus.
5. In the testing area at the cold-cut festival a question is posed: is there room for backseat ideas? Ideas like: there is bread and there are standards. I had the lamb face salad. And on the way back I got out of the car at the grey colored hill area to perform a self-reflexive meadowlarking ritual.
Nathan Ellefson was born in 1988 in Seattle, WA. He received his MFA from The University of Texas at Austin in 2013 and now lives/works in Austin.